Board training and development with Collier & Company will help your board become more effective and efficient—better able to direct your Executive and the organization in the successful fulfillment of its mission. We offer large-scale training as well as small group and individual coaching.
Working with Collier & Company, your board will improve its performance in:
- Supervising, reviewing and supporting the Executive, including participating in succession planning and the review and revision of the Executive’s job description and evaluation tool.
- Fiduciary matters, including a setting a balanced annual budget and the financial health of the organization.
- Policy setting for the organization.
- Evaluation of the board’s annual performance, including review and revision of job description, qualifications, and evaluation tool.
- Development (fundraising).
- Committee service.
- Board recruitment and evaluation.
Collier & Company conducted a large-scale training involving the entire board of the National Alliance on Mental Illness-Southern Arizona as well as small group coaching sessions with committees of the board. Significant improvement in board performance was achieved in all areas.
- Proficiency in supervision and support of the Executive increased by 70%.
- The board increased their expertise executing their fiduciary responsibility
from 0- 50%.
- Their ability to conduct fundraising activities increased from 0- 52%.
- Effectiveness in accomplishing recruitment and evaluation of board members increased by 65%.